The Nokia Messaging push mail service is now available to Nokia users in Singapore for free as a limited-period beta trial. Basically, push mail enables automatic and instant delivery of your emails as they reach your inbox (think BlackBerry). No more manually checking your emails! This is perfect for cost-conscious small business owners and freelancers in Singapore who use email for time-critical activities.
Currently, Nokia Messaging push mail service only supports Nokia E51, E61, E61i, E65, E66, E71, E90, N73, N78, N82, N95, N95 8GB.
The following is how I got this free push mail service on my Nokia E71 in just 5 minutes!
- Visit Nokia Messaging
- Click on “Sign up now“
- Click on my phone (Nokia E71) on the list
- Enter “Email address and Email password” (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org and password that I use to access this Gmail account), “Characters shown” and accept the terms before clicking “Next“
- Enter my preferred “Name“, Singapore “Phone number” (CC=65), select a “Security question” and enter “Your answer” followed by clicking “Create account“
- After clicking “Create account”, I received a download link via SMS on my Nokia E71 within 15 seconds
- Open up the SMS, click on the link and select “Open link” (requires Internet Access to download the push mail software)
- Follow instructions on the screen to install the push mail software
- Once installation is completed, select “Start” to set up account on the device
- Enter “Password” (same password entered in step 4), select “Access Point” and click “Login“
That’s all but please be reminded that this is a limited-period beta trial and data charges applies.